Intellectual property rights protection
One of the key aims set by the trade show participants is to showcase the latest products, inventions, new trademarks, etc. However, demonstration of industrial properties results into disclosure of inventions or industrial designs.
All participants in Expocentre’s exhibitions can make use of a new service, i.e., obtain a certificate of demonstration of a trademark or a product at the exhibition. The rightholders can also rely on our legal support in case infringements of exclusive rights to IP assets have been detected.
We render assistance of any kind to rightholders under the Expocentre for Counterfeit-Free Exhibitions project according to the recommendations of the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) and the Global Association of the Exhibition Industry (UFI).
Expocentre AO is Russia’s only trade show organizer which implements such a project.
Services provided under the project:
- Counselling on IP issues (explanation of Russian legislation including the scope of rights granted by protection documents)
- Primary legal support in case of disputed situations (e.g., detection of disputed products at competitor’s stand)
- Issuing certificates of demonstration of an exhibit or a trademark (assistance in obtaining protection documents)
- Issuing certificates of demonstration of a product with already registered trademark (assistance in proving the fact of using a trademark on the territory of the Russian Federation)
- Issuing certificates of demonstration of an exhibit or a trademark at the exhibition
- Counselling, primary legal support in conflict situations